Applicants must have at least a Master’s in Teaching Children with Visual Impairment
Procare Therapy is seeking a full-time Visually Impaired Teacher to provide therapeutic services to our Phoenix, Arizona district for the upcoming school year. The position will be 35 hours per week. Please find additional details below
QUALIFICATIONS: Arizona State Department of Education
Certification – Visually Impaired
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assesses, implements and evaluates appropriate education programs including goals and objectives.
2. Collaborates on the development of an appropriate IEP/IFSP.
3. Provides individualized instruction in accordance with IEP/IFSP.
4. Collaborate with school staff on the provision of services, instructional/testing accommodations, and supplementary aids and services.
5. Is a resource to local education staff when selecting and ordering classroom materials and equipment including textbooks and workbooks.
6. Transcribes instructional format into Braille or large print.
7. Writes and submits periodic and end of the year reports, diagnostic and prescriptive evaluations, and other reports as required.
8. Provides in-service training to teachers, teacher aides, parents, and volunteers as necessary.
9. Participates in IEP/IFSP team meetings, faculty meetings, in-service training programs, and provides cooperative interaction with a variety of state and local agencies.
10. Makes recommendations for adaptive equipment and materials.
Hourly pay will be commensurate with area, education and experience.
For more information on the position or to apply, please contact Anthony Merriweather at 770-325-0325 or email your resume and references to Anthony.Merriweather@Procaretherapy.com