Teacher for the Visually Impaired needed in Georgia
A school district outside Savannah is in need of a Vision Teacher for our blind students.
- Providing screening and referral procedures to appropriate personnel and recommending appropriate
- Specialized evaluations and assessments, such as for low vision, orientation and mobility, psychosocial, and
- Adaptive physical education.
- Ability to read + teach Braille
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Visual Impairments required
- Knowledge of visual impairment conditions and instructional techniques
- Knowledge of Expanded Core Curriculum for Blind and Visually Impaired (ECC)
- Knowledge of record keeping requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet, database, embossing, transcribing and presentation software skills
- Ability to plan and implement a program of study based on ECC components that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students
- Ability to devote additional hours beyond the workday for preparation of lesson plans and instructional materials, IEP development, etc
Teachers of the visually impaired also consult with psychologists, classroom teachers, students, and parents about appropriate evaluations, modifications, and test administrations. Additionally, these teachers must possess knowledge about possible modifications for statewide testing and arrange for necessary modifications.
Recent TVI Jobs
- Los Angeles, CA
- Monroe, WA
- Lacey, WA
- Home , CA
- Home , CA
- Fresno, CA
- Waterford, MI
- Sacramento , CA
- CARMICHAEL, CA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on TVIJobs.org is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next teacher of the visually impaired job.