Teacher of the Visually Impaired Teacher Near Rancho Cordova CA
Soliant schools and a school in Rancho Cordova CA, are working together to find qualified candidates for their TVI position. This is a K-12 position. The Director of Special Education is looking for certified TVI to join their team. If you are interested, apply today and send your resume to [email protected]
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an approved education program in subject area.
- CA TVI License or have qualifications to obtain a CA TVI license.
- Strong background in CA Course of Study/Common Core and Essential Standards.
- Regular attendance
- Report to work on time
- Adhere to state, county, school laws, rules and regulations
- Adhere to Code of Ethics for CA Educators
- Follow appropriate communication channels with students, parents, school and community
The Teacher of the visually impaired will work in a team environment in partnership with general and special education teachers and paraprofessionals in all school settings. If this position sounds like a good match for you, send an updated professional resume to Nathan Alshabazz ([email protected])
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has primary responsibility for specialized instruction and services required to
- meet the unique educational needs of her visually impaired students.
- Possesses the skills and abilities necessary to provide and coordinate this
- specialized instruction.
- Assists the student, parents, special and regular education personnel, and
- the student's sighted peers in
- ? understanding the unique educational needs and learning
- characteristics of visually impaired students,
- ? becoming aware of services and support available from local
- programs for visually impaired students,
- ? acquiring information regarding local, state, and national resources
- for the education of visually impaired students, and
- ? interpreting the visually impaired student's specific eye condition, the
- educational implications of the visual impairment, and the results of
- functional vision and learning media assessments.
- Consults regularly with the classroom teacher, other regular and special
- education personnel, parents, and others to coordinate programs and
- services for visually impaired students.
- Provides instruction and consults with specialists providing services to
- students with multiple disabilities who are also visually impaired. Participate
- in team meetings, provide classroom teachers with adaptations/materials for
- the unique needs of this population.
- Assists the site administrator and teachers in making environmental
- adjustments for the student in the school.
- Full-time Position (Monday-Friday)
- Onsite, W2 contracting position, Full school year
- Caseload: K-12
- We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability plans as well as 401k with employer match
For more information on this position, contact Nathan Alshabazz by sending her an email [email protected] .
Recent TVI Jobs
- Monroe, WA
- Boston, MA
- Cambridge, MA
- Monroe, WA
- Feeding Hills, MA
- Feeding Hills, MA
- Fontana, CA
- Fresno, CA
- South Gate, CA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on TVIJobs.org is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next teacher of the visually impaired job.