Teacher of the Visually Impaired
Soliant Health is working with a school district near Puyallup, WA looking to hire a full-time teacher of the visually impaired.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Washington State teaching certificate with Special Education endorsement
- AER certification in O/M or eligible for certification
- Dual certification O/M and Vision Teacher preferred
- Certification in Braille Proficiency/knowledge of Braille
- Demonstrated desire and ability to work and communicate effectively with staff, students and parents from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Full-time contract
- 37.5 hours per week
- Participates as a member of the guidance team for special education and is a member of the IEP team.
- Works with the classroom teacher and other school staff to identify children with visual impairments.
- Conducts screening and assessment activities; writes reports on analysis of data.
- Coordinates assessment with other specialists as a function of multi-disciplinary team responsibilities.
- Utilizes diagnostic/prescriptive teaching skills.
- Develops individualized instructional programs by writing annual goals and short-term instructional objectives in all relevant areas including pre-vocational and vocational education.
- Coordinate program with classroom instruction; trains and supervises volunteer tutors, if appropriate.
- Develops special curriculum or modifies existing curriculum to meet needs of children.
- Maintains continuous records of individual student academic progress.
- Communicates learner objectives and progress to parents, teachers and administrators.
- Evaluates student achievement and program effectiveness on a continuing basis.
- Conducts above activities in accordance with all legal timelines and requirements.
- Participates in special education staff meetings, projects and other activities as directed.
To inquire further about this position or other opportunities with Soliant, please contact Phillip Freeman at 678-459-1158 or email resume and references to [email protected]
Recent TVI Jobs
- trussville, AL
- Chicago Heights, IL
- Chicago Heights, IL
- West Chester, PA
- boydton, VA
- glendale, AZ
- phoenix, AZ
- Birmingham, AL
- Richmond, VA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on TVIJobs.org is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next teacher of the visually impaired job.